Email Authentication Assessment – EAA. While Email remains the vector of choice for the adversaries, most organizations have no proven security controls around their email infrastructures. The most basic type of any email security is to have Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Compliance (DMARC) implemented to conformance.
According to McKinsey, when it comes to customer acquisition, email is 40x more effective than social media and also the most targeted medium for cybersecurity attacks with over 90% of attacks starting with a phishing email.
When an organization implement DMARC Authentication on their domains, the following are the benefits;
- Disallow unauthorized use of email domain to protect people from spam, fraudulent, and phishing emails.
- Gain visibility into who and what across the Internet is sending email using an organization’s email domain.
- DMARC’s XML feedback contains useful information, and that helps organizations make sense of data been collected.
- It gives the summary view of domain status and shows the geolocation where abuses to the domain are coming from.
- Automatically discovers unknown domains owned by organization and add to their list of digital assets. In addition, it identifies subdomains
DMARC is a technical standard that helps protect email senders and recipients from spam, spoofing, impersonation and phishing. Our EAA service assesses the compliance of an organization to the DMARC standard and where they’re not fully compliant, i.e DMARC set to REJECT phase, we help get that sorted.