WHY ALL ORGANIZATION MUST IMPLEMENT A CYBERSECURITY ASSET MANAGEMENT PLATFORM NOW.
It’s worth repeating once again, you cannot secure what you can’t see. Visibility into an organization’s attack surface is the fundamental cornerstone to sound security decision making and should be the starting point of any defensive strategy.
Consider the following, i.e. the essential questions that you must provide answer to as it relates to every asset (IP enabled device in your organization)
- Is the asset “known” and managed?
- Where is it?
- What is it?
- Is the core software up to date?
- What additional software is installed?
- Does it adhere to my security policy?
WHY IS ASSET MANAGEMENT SO DIFFICULT?
Assets were easier to track when it was mostly Microsoft and Cisco. This becomes more of a challenge as your infrastructure evolves to include mobile, cloud, and OT/IoT devices.
Getting answers about your assets now requires going to multiple sources of data spread across your enterprise (cloud and/or on-premise).
Just so you know, all the information is there, but there’s no way to get a single view and cross-correlate. Organizations have access to amazing security tools nowadays such as; Endpoint Security, Cloud Services, Vulnerability Management, Network Security, SIEM/SOAR, etc.
So, each tool answers some questions, while begetting other questions that it can’t answer by itself. Consider the following scenarios;
- Endpoint Security.
- Which endpoints are missing the security agent?
- Which agents are disabled or misconfigured?
- Cloud and Vulnerability Management
- Which VMs aren’t being scanned?
- Which Internet-accessible servers have vulnerable software?
- Network Security.
- Which unmanaged systems or devices are on the corporate network?
- Which systems have a specific service open to the Internet?
- Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Which systems and devices aren’t sending security data?
- What do all our data sources know about a given asset?
Furthermore, correlating data from multiple tools can answer questions a single tool cannot as seen in the scenarios earlier highlighted above.
Modern asset management is the nexus for cybersecurity projects and decisions and this is what Axonius Offers. Here is a 3mins overview highlighting the three (3) main features of the Axonius platform, https://www.vimeo.com/350359620
FEATURES OF THE AXONIOUS CYBERSECURITY ASSET MANAGEMENT PLATFORM.
- UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE. Axonius leverages your existing security infrastructure investments to provide deep, detailed information about every device in your environment—including device type, installed software, known vulnerabilities, users, available and missing patches and much more. On average, Axonius finds that between 10% and 18% of devices are unmanaged. See brief demo here https://vimeo.com/327155001.
- DISCOVER COVERAGE GAPS. Armed with a comprehensive asset inventory, customers are able to build custom queries to understand how every asset and user stacks up against their security policy to address any issues. Between 16% and 24% of endpoints are missing an agent. See brief demo here, https://vimeo.com/327256654
- VALIDATE AND ENFORCE SECURITY POLICIES. Once they’ve learned which assets they have and where coverage gaps exist, customers can automate policy validation and enforcement, triggering actions like installing software, blocking, scanning, enriching CMDB data and more.16% to 25% of a company’s devices are missing a security solution that the company is already paying for. See brief demo here, https://vimeo.com/327268363
Reach Out To Us Now!