Why SMEs are big targets for cyber crime
Small and medium-sized enterprises are increasingly in the sights of cyber criminals, sometimes as a means to attack corporate associates where there are riches to plunder
Cyber attacks against big businesses are nothing new, with high-profile companies falling foul of sophisticated online criminals at an alarming rate. A cyber attack on a smaller enterprise is unlikely to get anywhere near the level of publicity garnered by the hacking of a multinational corporation, but this doesn’t mean there aren’t many successful attacks against small firms on a daily basis.<
Data held by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is becoming increasingly valuable to cyber criminals. According to recent research released by Barclaycard, 48 per cent of SMEs fell victim to at least one cyber attack last year and 10 per cent were targeted multiple times.
Cyber criminals are targeting SMEs in a growing number of ways, with ransomware attacks proving to be one of the most popular methods used to extract money. Ransomware is a type of malware that encrypts all files on a computer and demands money, usually untraceable bitcoins, for them to be unlocked. Not only do 36 per cent of ransomware victims report loss of business income due to the attack, but this type of cyber threat is expected to increase 300 per cent from 2015 to 2016, according to insurance research provider Advisen.
At the highest level of partnership with Barracuda Networks Inc. SMSAM’s certified experts help companies implement and support the entire range of Barracuda products
As Barracuda Networks delivers a complete range of easy-to-use solutions that simply and elegantly address fast-evolving business IT requirements, SMSAM guarantees quality product implementation through a whole range of solutions for:
- Content security (web security, email security, firewall, application security)
- Data storage (backup, archiver)
- Networking and application delivery (load balancer, link balancer)
The company’s security products include products for protection against email, web surfing, web hackers and instant messaging threats such as spam, spyware, trojans, and viruses. The company’s networking and storage products include web filtering, load balancing, application delivery controllers, message archiving, NG firewalls, backup services and data protection.
The Barracuda Network Difference
Since its inception, Barracuda Networks continues to gain wide acclaim from customers, media, and analysts, by offering exceptional customer service and top-notch products. Companies and organizations of all sizes rely on Barracuda Networks solutions for five key reasons:
- Up-and-running in 15 minutes. With no software to install or network modifications required, all Barracuda Networks
- products are easy to deploy and use.
- No IT expertise required. All Barracuda Networks products feature an intuitive Web user interface that ensures smooth
- product management and does not require an IT staff to be experts in a particular solution.
- No support phone trees. Specially trained Barracuda Networks support technicians are available 24×7 to answer
- customer calls and provide live support.
- Automatic product updates. Every Barracuda Networks solution comes backed by Barracuda Energize Updates, which
- ensure continuous protection against the latest threats automatically.
- No per user/server/port/options fees. Barracuda Networks does not charge licensing fees per user, per server, per
- port, or for additional feature options – making its products the most affordable, integrated solutions available.